Themes for upcoming Issues
CLOSED Issue 8 “Nostalgia” – Closing Date: Monday 26th November 2017
noun: nostalgia; plural noun: nostalgias
1. a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past. “I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my days at university”
2. something done or presented in order to evoke feelings of nostalgia. “an evening of TV nostalgia”
CLOSED Issue 9 “Vivid” – Closing Date: Friday 16th March 2018
DEFINITION – Vivid
adjective: vivid; comparative adjective: vivider; superlative adjective: vividest
1. producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind. “memories of that evening were still vivid”
2. (of a colour) intensely deep or bright. “the rhododendron bush provides a vivid splash of mauve”
3. archaic (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous.
OPEN Issue 10 “Alchemy” – Closing Date: Friday 15th June 2018
DEFINITION – Alchemy
1. the medieval forerunner of chemistry, concerned with the transmutation of matter, in particular with attempts to convert base metals into gold or find a universal elixir.
“occult sciences, such as alchemy and astrology”
2. a seemingly magical process of transformation, creation, or combination.
“finding the person who’s right for you requires a very subtle alchemy”