This week some of the best Australian designers came together to showcase their Spring/Summer collection at Melbourne Fashion Week, with hair direction by internationally renowned editorial hair stylist Kevin Murphy.
Currently in his fourteenth year as the official Hair Director of Melbourne Fashion Week, and playing a key role in upcoming seasonal beauty looks globally and creating trend driven product innovation, Murphy fused his signature chic finish to hair with a paired back effortless flow.
The hair designs flawlessly complemented the rich elaborate designs from Australian designers such as Sass and Bide, Camilla and Marc, Alice McCall, Gorman and Manning Cartel for the MYER Emporium Runway.
Murphy has an extensive portfolio working with the best magazines and clientele both in Australia and Internationally.
Here is how to recreate the chic web like texture hair from Melbourne Fashion Week, MYER Emporium opening night show from the master Murphy himself.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
- Apply ANTI.GRAVITY lotion to towel-dried hair and blow-dry in.
- Prep hair by layering in DOO.OVER and part hair across the centre of the head and leave an inch of hair out around the hairline .
- Secure an inch of hair from the part and secure this at the bottom of the nape .
- Spray in ANTI.GRAVITY.SPRAY from the nape upwards and dry in .
- Layer hair with BEDROOM.HAIR and loosely secure an inch of hair to the nape from either side of the head, leaving two sections out behind each ear .
- Secure the rest of the hair into a ponytail at the nape and finish with SHIMMER.ME BLONDE