SEBASTIAN PROFESSIONAL X THOMAS PUTTICK – MERCEDES BENZ FASHION WEEK 2018
Story and Images courtesy of: COTY.INC
Quiet achiever in the Australian fashion industry, Thomas Puttick debuted his new collection ‘She & I’ at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia on May 14, 2018. The talented designer, who comes from a pedigree working with Alexander McQueen, Helmut Lang and Alexander Wang, reminisces the core motivation of his own line, while embracing the evolution of the Thomas Puttick woman.
‘She’ is the woman at the heart of the brand, and, in 2018, she has revealed herself fully to lead Thomas Puttick to the Resort’19 collection. Strong, elegant, and ever remarkable, ’She & I’ marks a coming of age for the brand as ‘She’ signals the new directions yet to come.
It is Thomas’s vision of ‘strong’, ‘elegant’ and ‘ever remarkable’ that inspired Brodie-Lee Stubbins, Sebastian Professional Creative Artist and hair director for the show to create the below look.
“It was so fantastic working with Brodie. Her eye, vision and skill allowed us to elevate our hair look with the Sebastian products. The hair style was such a collaborative experience, I loved working with Brodie and Sebastian to bring it to life.” Thomas Puttick
Brodie Lee Stubbins, recent finalist in the International Category for Sebastian Professional What’s Next Awards, says: “The style I created for Thomas Puttick was designed to appear effortless and minimalist, yet expensive and innovative. I wanted to create something that showed the natural beauty of an inner woman, emphasising intricate detail in the ethereal hair brushing her shoulder, as if it was her best accessory. Thomas and I wanted this to be the main feature, and we succeeded, it was pure, inspirational beauty.”
Brodie adds, “It has been an honour working with Thomas to create the perfect style and bring his vision to life, perfectly complimenting his garments and the natural beauty of his brand.” Brodie-Lee Stubbins, Sebastian Professionals Guest Artist
STEPS TO RECREATE LOOK
1. Straighten the hair with a middle parting using a GHD styler. Smooth Sebsatian Professional Dark Oil through to the ends to keep the look smooth and sleek
2. Divide hair from the recession and separate into three parts
3. With the central section, create an inverted braid to reduce bulk and shorten the hair underneath – secure with an elastic
4. Connect the remaining two sections by brushing the hair into the elastic, to achieve the perfect ‘undone pony’
5. Massage the hair over the left ear, to create texture and fluidity
6. Attach the hair extension to the left side of the head, just back from the hairline
7. Using Sebastian Professional Resintek and Dark Oil, twist the pony into tight knot – secure with pins
8. Droop the extension to sit just above the shoulder, and loop around the knot – secure with a pin
9. Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper to hold, and Shine Shaker to finish