Create “macgraw’s” ethereal runway hair with KEVIN.MURPHY & Edwards and Co
Courtesy of: Bastion Effect Runway Images – Photographer: Lucas Dawson
The home grown Australian brand showcased its Resort ‘19 collection, which was inspired by the rich and romantic Gothic Revival architecture of Swifts, one of Sydney’s grandest mansions.
All styles were created by the renowned Edwards and Co team using KEVIN.MURPHY, with all beauty looks designed to perfectly compliment the designers and their collections, bringing the show to life in all aspects. The team were proud to partner with Seamless 1 hair extensions for the show.
STEPS TO RECREATE LOOK
● Section hair in a middle part and prep with ANTI.GRAVITY.
● Dry product in making sure not to blow dry hair smooth to allow for ample texture.
● Spray hair with SESSION.SPRAY and brush out.
● Using a 19mm tong, wrap hair in a ribbon formation, interchanging between curling under and curling over. Once done, let the hair cool.
● Grab sections of hair nearest to the top of the part and tong starting at eyebrow level to create an off the face curl. Once cooled, spray DOO.OVER and shake the curl out.
● Take two strands each side of the part, twisting hair to the back of the head then secure with pins.
● Depending on texture, finish with DOO.OVER or for an amazing floating feel use HAIR.RESORT.
● To complete the look, attach jewels into hair by weaving into twists.
In 2003, internationally acclaimed editorial hairstylist, Kevin Murphy, developed and launched his own range of styling products. The KEVIN.MURPHY range immediately took both professional stylists and consumers around the world by storm. Since the brand’s inception, Murphy has added shampoos, conditioners, treatments and, most recently, styling tools to his successful styling line. The KEVIN.MURPHY range is now available in over 40 countries throughout Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.